Fine Art Paper Printing
Everything you need to know about printing your photo using the giclee printing process on Fine Art Paper
Fine Art from Your Photo
Fine art paper prints (also known as Giclee) are used by galleries, artists, and photographers for printing works of art. The papers and inks used in our Fine Art Paper printing process are archival and museum quality. Features like these are why we use them for printing on fine art paper.
- Giclee prints using archival pigmented inks
- Highest level of color gamut available in printing (12 color printing)
- Exceptional black & white printing
- For art reproductions and photographic prints
Fade-resistant pigmented inks provide a superior color range to other types of prints. Archival inks are widely preferred in fine art and photography circles.
Professional grade fine art and photo papers resist yellowing and aging. Maryle has selected two of her favorite papers for our Instant Order customers.
- Hahnemühle Photo Rag® – A smooth bright white 100% rag-based paper specifically designed to meet the need of photographers or artists using digital photographic output.
- Watercolor Bright White – A watercolor paper cold press 100% cotton rag fine art paper for prints. This paper has a substantial feel and weight. The watercolor style surface with the cold-press texture adds depth to photographs and fine art. Because of the bright white surface, the paper delivers a wide color gamut and deep blacks.
Instant Order Sizes
- Select from 14 sizes between 8×8 and 30×30 in square or rectangular orientations.
Custom Sizes to 40×60″
- Custom sizes up to 40×60 are available to customers through our Artist Customization Concierge service.
- Borderless: The image will go to the edge of the print. To create a borderless print, the image will be enlarged by approximately 1/10 to 1/8 of an inch to give the appropriate amount of bleed necessary for cutting.
- 1/2″ Extra Border Added: An extra one-half-inch border will go around the printed area. This means the actual sheet size of the paper will be a total of 1 inch larger than the ordered width and height of the print.
- 1″ Extra Border Added: An extra one-inch border will go around the printed area. This means the actual sheet size of the paper will be a total of 2 inches larger than the ordered width and height of the print.
- 2″ Extra Border Added: An extra two-inch border will go around the printed area. This means the actual sheet size of the paper will be a total of 4 inches larger than the ordered width and height of the print.
- No Border with Torn/Deckled Edge: The deckled or torn bordered edge is a frequently requested option. It is ideally suited if you are planning to display your print floated inside matting and a frame or even a shadow box. The extra torn border will go around the size you select and be approximately 1 inch in width.
Instant Order customers have a choice of ordering fine art prints with no mounting; these are shipped in a protective sleeve, ready for you to frame. If you are planning to frame your Fine Art Paper print, then you may want to select one of our Mounting Options.
- Artboard Mounted Regular: Flush-mounted (borderless) on your choice of archival white or black artboard for paper prints at an affordable price. Artboard provides a firm surface for prints intended for framing and automatically increases the perceived value and quality of the print. The print will be borderless and trimmed to be flush with the artboard. We do not offer artboard sizes larger than 20×30.
- Artboard Mounted Extra Thick: Flush-mounted (borderless) on your choice of double-thick archival white or black artboard for paper prints at an affordable price. Artboard provides a firm surface for prints intended for framing and automatically increases the perceived value and quality of the print. The print will be borderless and trimmed to be flush with the artboard. We do not offer artboard sizes larger than 20×30.
- Thin Gatorboard: Your print will be flush mounted/borderless to this 3/16” thick board. A lightweight and rigid gatorboard is a remarkable improvement to the standard foam core. Gatorboard is now the favored alternative to foam core among many artists and photographers.
- 2” Border Thin Gatorboard: Your 2-inch bordered print will be mounted to this 3/16” thick board. Lightweight and rigid gatorboard is a remarkable improvement to the standard foam core. Gatorboard is now the favored alternative to foam core among many artists and photographers.
We have a large (150+) selection of frames and matting in many colors available for framing. Because framing your Fine Art Print is so subjective, and depends on the subject matter, colors, and the space where you plan to hang the framed artwork, we offer our Framing Consultation service as a prerequisite to ordering a framed print.
Using our printing with framing service saves you time and money, so when you receive your artwork all you need to do is hang it and enjoy it.
Here’s the deal for our Instant Order customers. If you know you want us to frame your artwork, then when ordering, select the size and options PLUS add Framing Consultation which is priced at $50.
- You’ll receive a 15- 30-minute framing consultation via Zoom
- Next, we’ll provide you with three screenshots showing your photo with different framing options.
- You decide which frame and/or frame matting option you prefer, and we’ll place the order for printing and framing for you.
- Based on the size of your final print and the framing option you select we may refund a portion or all of your $50 framing consultation fee.
Included with Your Purchase
- We personally inspect your photograph to ensure that the quality of the photo meets our printing requirements.
- Before printing, we provide a screenshot proof for your approval.
- Once approved, your fine art print goes through a rigorous pre-press process with our printer.
- Once your order is complete, we notify you and include tracking information
- Drop shipping is available at no extra cost if you’re sending the art print as a gift.
*If there are imperfections in the photo you submit, (marks, scratches, wrinkles, etc.) we will let you know that the photo does not meet our standards. At which point, you can decide to cancel the order or chat with us about photo restoration services.
Visit our FAQs Page
Our most frequently asked questions about printing, shipping, returns, and more can be found on our FAQs page.